Our goal as Innkeepers is to make every guest feel welcome and at home at the Willard Street Inn. To ensure the best possible stay for all we encourage potential guests to review our reservation and inn policies. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- ROOM RATES: Our room rates are based on single or double occupancy. Included in the rate is a full plated breakfast served each morning in our solarium to guests of the Inn, WiFi, and Off-street parking for one car during nights of reservation.
- Foliage season: a two night minimum and additional $20 per night charge applies to all room rates and reservations.
- More than two guests: When more than two individuals occupy a room, an additional person charge of $25 per person, per night applies.
- MAKING A RESERVATION: If you would like to make a reservation you may do so by telephone or through our website. If you fill out the website's reservation form it is an inquiry only, and not a guaranteed reservation. Upon receiving your request we will respond promptly with our availability and answer any questions you may have about the rooms. Once we have responded, a reservation may be completed via email.
- ADVANCE DEPOSIT: An advance deposit is required to be made via credit card for each room reserved and will be applied towards the total cost of the reservation. Single night reservations require prepayment as a deposit (i.e. quoted room rate plus 11% rooms and meals taxes.) Reservations of 2 nights or more, a 50% deposit is required. Example: If a guest stays two nights the one night’s deposit is applied to their bill upon checkout, thus leaving a balance due of the second night’s charges plus any charges that they have incurred during their stay.
- MINIMUM STAYS: A two night minimum reservation is required for all weekends May 1st through October 31st. Special events and holiday weekends may require a three night minimum stay, including but not limited to Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, and Christmas. If this is required you will be informed upon making a reservation.
- LATE ARRIVALS AND INN'S HOURS: Our front desk at the Willard Street Inn is staffed from 7:30 am until 9:00 pm. and we begin receiving phone calls at 7:30 am. Check-in Time is 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM with Checkout at 11:00 AM. If you anticipate arriving after the inn is closed please inform us as soon as you know, preferably when making your reservation. We do have a late arrival policy that enables guests to gain access to the inn and find their guest room after hours.
- BREAKFAST: Breakfast is served from 8:00 am until 10:00 am with the last seating time at 9:30 am. Guests of the inn have breakfast included with the stay. Inn guests may invite outside guests to join them for breakfast at a cost of $14.95 per person (tax included.) However, we do ask that you please limit the number of your outside guests to 2, so that we may maintain our intimate dining setting.
Please let us know prior to your arrival if you have food allergies or medical conditions that we should be conscious of when serving breakfast.
- CANCELLATIONS POLICY:
- Cancellations received 14 days or more prior to arrival: Refund of deposit less processing/cancellation fee of $20 per room.
- Cancellations received 13 days or less prior to arrival: Guest is responsible for payment of the entire reservation, defined as all guest rooms and room nights originally reserved, unless the room night/nights are resold. Processing/cancellation fee of $20 per room applies even if room is resold.
- In the event that only part of a reservation is resold, a refund is made in an amount equal to the value of the entire reservation less the room nights resold and the $20 per room processing/cancellation fee.
- Graduation Weekend Reservations require 30 days advance notice of cancellation.
Please check with us if you are unclear about the reservation, deposit, and cancellation policies.
- CHILDREN POLICY: Our guests choose the Willard Street Inn for its comfortable elegance and special ambience which appeals most to adults. For this reason, the Inn’s policy is to accept children only 12 years of age and older. The charm of this historic building, its antiques, English gardens and refined hospitality blend to create a memorable experience and meet the expectations of our guests – 19th century charm with 21st century service.
- NON-SMOKING POLICY: The Willard Street Inn is a historic home, and is a completely smoke-free building. Guests who smoke in their rooms or any other interior space of the inn will be assessed a deep-cleaning fee. (Minimum charge of $200). The burning of candles or incense in guest rooms is also prohibited.
- NOISE POLICY: Out of respect to other guests staying, we ask that you refrain from late night noise.
- ENVIRONMENTAL AND CONSERVATION POLICY: In 2007 we decided to have the Inn "Go Green." Our team developed an environmental policy that includes reducing our water consumption with low flow fixtures, installing energy efficient lighting including solar powered garden lights, composting kitchen organics, and recycling everything we can in paper, metals and plastics. To close the loop on recycling, we purchase post consumer recycled content copy and tissue paper, use returnable beverage bottles and have a towel reuse program that provides guests with the option of not requesting new towels every day, saving water and energy. For our efforts, we have been recognized as an Environmental Partner and Green Hotel by the VT Dept. of Environmental Conservation and the VT Small Business Development Center.
As an Environmental Partner and Green Hotel our policy is to seek environmental quality improvements throughout our business operations. We believe it is our responsibility to maintain a high degree of environmental thought while improving the comforts we provide. Specific attention is paid to resource efficiency, materials management, and waste handling. We are committed to striving for environmental excellence and to serve as an example for other businesses and the community.
- PERSONAL ITEMS POLICY: The Inn is not responsible for the loss of personal items. Any personal items discovered after departure will be held for a reasonable amount of time. To ensure privacy, the Inn does not contact guests to notify that personal items have been left behind. Guests must contact the Inn to collect the items. Items are shipped via Federal Express with associated shipping fees charged to the guest's credit card.
- BICYCLE STORAGE POLICY: Limited inside bike storage is located around the south side of the Inn, which is available on a first-come, first served basis. Guests are not permitted to bring their bikes into guest rooms due to the historic nature of the building and desire to preserve the home. An outside bike rack is provided for guest use and located immediately outside the front doors.
- PET POLICY: Unfortunately, we are unable to permit guest’s pets at the inn. Any violation of this policy may result in clean-up charges.