Burlington, VT Restaurants tips and recommendations:
Farm-to-table, formal, casual dining
The City of Burlington and Vermont have so many restaurants that exhibit excellent culinary offerings for every taste and palate. Listed below are just a few of the restaurants that we recommend.
MENU BINDER: In addition to these recommendations, a menu binder is available with even more restaurant menus to browse. Looking for some insider information on favorite dishes? The inn’s staff is always willing to help you select the best restaurant for your tastes, and if you would like assistance in making reservations, please just let us know.
We do apologize in advance if on busy evenings we are unable to get you reservations for the exact time you request. Also, we recommend you make reservations well in advance for holidays and graduation weekends.
Walkable from the Inn: Restaurants in Downtown Burlington
- Leunig's Bistro & Café >> (115 Church Street) - Located in the heart of the Church Street Marketplace, this Bistro & Old World Café serves up French cuisine in an, "upscale but casual atmosphere." With the menu changing quarterly, and featuring the fusion of French and Vermont flavors, there is always something to tantalize your palate.
- Trattoria Delia >> (152 St. Paul Street) - Around the corner from the Flynn Theater, this trattoria serves authentic Italian dishes from various regions of Italy featuring a harmonious blend of classic Italian and local ingredients. Ambiance is casual elegance with old world charm, Italian pottery, rustic wood, and cozy lighting with many romantic corners for intimate dining.
- Hen of the Wood >> (55 Cherry Street) - Located just a short walk towards Lake Champlain from the Church Street Marketplace, this highly acclaimed eatery features daily menus highlighting local, seasonal fare and craft cocktails served up with an understated elegance. Its down-to-earth decor and simple yet creative menu make this restaurant a must stop on your Burlington, VT culinary experience.
- A Single Pebble >> (133 Bank Street) – Just off of the Church Street Marketplace in downtown, they offer traditional Chinese cuisine in a casual but elegant atmosphere. They serve their dishes family-style so it is easy to try several items and share with your group.
Restaurants a Short Drive from Burlington
These restaurants are well worth the bit of extra drive time
10 to 20 minutes from the Inn
- Bearded Frog >> (5247 Route 7, Shelburne) – Located a 15 drive from Burlington, in the historic Shelburne Inn, this charming place offers New American cuisine in a contemporary, casual atmosphere. Choose from either the main dining room for a more complete culinary experience, or the pub which offers pub fare with a upscale twist.
20 to 30 minutes from the Inn
- Kitchen Table Bistro >> (1840 W Main Street, Richmond) – Located southeast of Burlington in Richmond, this bistro serves Vermont cuisine featuring many locally produced meats, cheeses, and produce that changes with every season. If you dine here, save room for dessert, all are homemade and made on the premise.
- Sonoma Station >> (13 Jolina Court, Richmond) – Southeast of Burlington, this 40 seat restaurant nestled in the heart of Richmond, Vermont, serves up elegant "New American Cuisine" in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Toscano Cafe/Bistro >> (27 Bridge Street, Richmond) – This Richmond, Vermont bistro offers Mediterranean cuisine in subtly romantic, yet casual atmosphere.
- Starry Night Café >> (5371 Route 7, Ferrisburg) – Located 25 minutes south of Burlington in Ferrisburgh, (but worth the drive) they serve wholesome dishes featuring many organic and local ingredients. The restaurant itself was designed to blend art and food together with an atmosphere created out of beautifully blown glass, local artwork and furniture made from Vermont craftsmen. (They serve dinner Wednesday through Sunday evenings only).